Wednesday, November 5, 2008

come to the end

Thanksgiving hasn't come, but I want to thank this blog project ahead of time!
There is one thing I didn't mention in my profile that this is my first year in U.S. I barely have a sense of belonging and inevitably watch the society as an outsider. I've been always remembering how my politics professor answered the question what made one an American. She said it was the political culture that every American shares.
This blog gives me an opportunity to get closer to this great nation emotionally. My topic is away from the conflicts between my country and U.S.; my topic drives me to understand how the social insurance system runs; my topic is closely related to the benefit of ordinary Americans; my topic pushes me to think for the future of the United States from an American's prospect. I feel more engaged in this society and I am definitely caught by the feeling.

No comments: